It’s been a long while since I’ve updated things here. I’ve had my hands full with a few classes and studying for the CDE along with the usual day-to-day things. But now that I’M OFFICIALLY A CDE!! I feel like I have a wealth of time on my hands. (In actuality I don’t, but it’s nice to feel like I do.)
Since the exam was no longer on my mind, I had 20 miles of highway to let my mind to wander while driving back from Jeff City this morning and one of the things I got to thinking about was what I’d do if I had the perfect birthday. It’s the last of the 20s so I feel the need to embrace it. Here’s my list:
- Take the day off work. I decided to do this last year and it was the best decision I ever made. It’s like making yourself a vacation. Holla.
- Get a massage with “Magic Hands” Mac. Also did this last year and I decided to make both a tradition. Tied for best decision I ever made.
- See Skyfall. I’m a long time 007 fan and I’ve considered it a personalized birthday present from God that every new Bond movie always comes out during my birthday month. I didn’t think I’d be able to find anyone interested in taking off work to see it with me on my bday (especially someone who wants to see it as much as I do). However my sister came to the rescue and she’s coming into town just so we can see it! Woohoo!
- Get flowers. I just love flowers. Don’t need them as a gift or anything, I’d be happy buying them for myself. Just love flowers.
- Eat a chocolate fudge cupcake from Upper Crust Bakery. Those things are the shiz, and I don’t even like cupcakes.
- Have zero conversations about any of the following: if I’m married/when I will get married/how I will meet the person I will marry _____, cloth diapers/the process of cloth diapering or cervical fluid changes and their affects on women’s fertility.
- Be lazy. But maybe go for a run. Then be lazy.
- Open one of my bottles of Red Sky.
- Get some buttered popcorn flavored Jelly Belly’s, cuz sometimes you should “treat cho self”. Then eat these while watching #3. Yes please!
- Not check my blood sugar after #’s 5 or 9.
- Realize 29 is GOING TO BE AWESOME!!!